Adopt a Kentucky Tree
Ready to Adopt? Here's how...
1. You need a tape measure and camera
2. Read and completed the Adopt a Kentucky Tree webform
Why should I adopt a tree?
- Simple and free
- Learn to measure a tree
- Fun group or team-building excercise
- Calculate benefits of your favorite tree
- Join in creating a “treekeeper” community in the Bluegrass, share your love of trees!
Why urban and community trees? Urban and community trees are largely on private property. This includes all of the homes and businesses in a community. Promoting the beauty and benefits of our community trees is a group effort. The tree in your yard benefits us both. The trees in all of our yards make up the urban forest. A healthy urban forest is a real possibility, one that starts with awareness of its benefits by us, the community.
Find your county in the map below to see how many trees have been adopted where you live!
This map is best explored on larger displays.